In my hands now, an advance copy of “Just My Type” by Simon Garfield, parts of which I proofed while I was in Stockholm this summer.
It’s a fun-filled romp through the world of letters, mostly for the layman, but with some history and inside stories many experts may not know. Good for type lovers to give to friends and family to prove how interesting and varied type can be. Garfield is a good writer. And I’m not just saying that because there’s a chapter on type specimens in which our team at FontShop plays a central role. I mean, he wrote an enjoyable book about the color mauve — you know he’s good.
Update — Oct 17, 2010: Extract from the book in The Observer.
Update — Aug 23, 2011: New York Times review.
Above: The poster I designed to help celebrate the UK launch. One chapter is about our FontShop specimens, so I worked typeface showings into the poster using the titles of Garfield’s other books.
- bipolaroide likes this
- alitila likes this
- typegirl likes this
- annie likes this
- tazzzko reblogged this from jennul
- justintopia likes this
- hudlow likes this
- luckario likes this
- jessicabigarel likes this
- ableparris likes this
- vectorvault reblogged this from laureola
- monicarize likes this
- designdust likes this
- neulsaem likes this
- darlingfx likes this
- broken-shoelace likes this
- sincere9 likes this
- chiki200q likes this
- paintwithredprofanitys likes this
- lesmy likes this
- feltron likes this
- alison-- likes this
- microwavabletv likes this
- kazscrapbook reblogged this from laureola
- miguelhernandez reblogged this from stewf
- miguelhernandez likes this
- jennul reblogged this from laureola and added:
- iamlillian likes this
- syelon reblogged this from stewf
- anjcuyegkeng likes this
- vanfullersublime likes this
- traffickingshadows likes this
- 14eleven likes this
- laureola reblogged this from stewf
- stewf posted this