Based on work of a famous Czech-American type designer of yesteryear; Bitstream calls this family “Transitional 551”, but we chose a less alluring moniker.
He’s more than “a Czech-American type designer of yesteryear.” He’s the great Rudolph Ruzicka and the typeface is Fairfield. If you’re going to be honest about using a model (which is commendable), the least you can do is name it and its author.
Update: The page has been edited with a link to the Fairfield wiki page, but no mention of the name itself or Ruzicka. Shielding from Linotype’s lawyers, I assume.
- starberryboos likes this
- lespetitsgateaux likes this
- tonis reblogged this from theleagueofmoveabletype
- tinyblip likes this
- giga-nachos likes this
- stephenthoms reblogged this from theleagueofmoveabletype
- jarredbishop likes this
- irondavy likes this
- stewf reblogged this from theleagueofmoveabletype and added:
- stereojam likes this
- nathansmonk likes this
- this-is-void likes this
- evansiegel likes this
- edwinbrett likes this
- theleagueofmoveabletype posted this